03 December 2011

More of those papers

Well, friends, it's that time in the semester when all my professors decide to simultaneously assign papers, and now it is my duty to write them. I am currently working on one with the topic question: "Was mid-seventeenth-century opinion in England justified in seeing Quakerism as threatening social revolution?". The other two I am processing in my mind are 1) theories on the Fall of Rome (was it the barbarians? did Christians destroy the social order? did Rome actually fall?) and 2) "Did the church Christianise society in the fourth century, or was it merely compromised by its alliance with the state?"

I am also done with 2/4 of our Christmas concerts for the year - Thursday night was the Student Performance at Houghton, yesterday was off to Rochester for a NYSSMA workshop in the morning, then concert in the evening (being gone for 15 hours makes for an exhausting day, just sayin'). Today my parents are coming out for the 'dinner and concert' - banquet here at Houghton, then concert - and tomorrow is the last performance, up in Buffalo. For now, I am trying to rest my voice, drink lots of liquids (tea by the liter is a wonderful thing ...), and get enough sleep. The result is that I am here in the library all day today, since that a) helps me not talk to people, and b) more sleeping means less time to work, which means that I have to be rather productive when I do work. That is not a bad thing, but it does mean that I should end this blog post and get back to my paper ;) If any of the titles sound interesting, then I can post the papers - just let me know!

Cheers - the sun is shining!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy!
    *rubs hands together in anticipation
    Roman or Christian influences on the World, those are about two of the largest sujects you can choose. I look forward to one,both,or none of the papers depending on your decision.
    Never could master an instrument.....(well okay) Never applied myself to learning an instrument, but I applaud anyone who does! Yes! The voice does count as an instrument too.
    Libraries: The ultimate weapon against sleep deprivation!

    P.S:How big of a fan are you of Terry Pegula?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm ... he did just manage to give a lot of money to Houghton, but it was for the sports complex and not, say, an endowed chair for a languages professor ... so a fan? I guess I wouldn't go that far, but I think his connection with Houghton is pretty cool =)

    ReplyDelete