30 September 2012

Summer '12

So ... I was looking at my blog and thinking about the past few months. Since choir tour was really an event post, it looks like the last time I posted about my life was May 7, 2012. That means that everything that has happened since May 8, 2012 has been untold as of yet.

A lot has happened in that time, btw.

Therefore, I decided to post. Of course, when thinking about what to post to cover nearly 5 months of my life, the most obvious course of action is to look through my pictures and see what I have photographed, then make a post based off pictures (hint: it is easier to do this than come up with solid text, which is why I do it). What I discovered, though, was that my pictures are not a very complete documentary. However, better some than none in the way of updates, so here goes. As the Roman poet Juvenal wrote regarding his fellow citizens, "Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt". I am assuming/hoping that the same holds true for mediocre blog updates ;)

In the past 5 months, I ...

...went to Letchworth with some pretty awesome people... 

...goofed off during Senior week...

...packed to go home...

...worked all summer at a ritzy hotel...

...observed my birthday with my family...

...saw a little bit of my siblings (not nearly enough)...

...celebrated my little sister's high school graduation...

...wished this sign meant free massages...

...went on a steamboat trip on the lake and saw some super fancy houses...

...successfully wore high heels (this is, sadly, an accomplishment)...

...saw some pretty amazing sunrises...

...and more sunrises on the lake...

...attended a Straight No Chaser concert...

...found this on a professor's door...
...and that's all I have for pictures!

This doesn't really convey the insanity of my work schedule over the summer, how much fun I have with some pretty awesome people, or the amount of schoolwork I do. It also does not mention college choir, Student Government, papers, leaves turning colors, making food for friends/with friends, or any other of the ways my life has changed so much in the last (almost)-5 months. However, I hope this gives at least an idea of some of the stuff I have been up to lately!

I could summarize my life, though, without too much difficulty: it is amazing. I am happy. I wake up in the morning looking forward to the day ahead. I am so blessed.

That pretty much says it all =)

2 comments:

  1. glad I was able to see you while I was home :) sounds like you had a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! A new post :D This makes me happy! And I love the pictures. The one about the shoulder really made me laugh =D
    I was glad that I got to see you briefly this summer. We DEFINITELY didn't get enough time together!! :(

    ReplyDelete