16 January 2011

How to Train your Dragon

The movie. Yes, I watched a movie.

*allows time to breathe*

This semester I am trying to make sure my life has at least a little balance, and I may or may not be good at it. However, I am trying to stay reasonable - you know, about things like "hey, you don't have any homework you have to do", "you know what, most people have fun sometimes" "it's healthy to take time off sometimes" "you have awesome friends and it would be a good idea to spend some time with them". So, I am trying to make sure I am not only a responsible, conscientious, and hardworking student, but also take time to do fun things as well.

Tonight, that meant that I watched a movie. I've been seeing more movies than usual lately, since I am taking a class that requires movies. However, this one was just for fun. I came in about halfway through, since I had been on a skype call when they started the movie, but I came in at a fine time and caught the second half.

Interestingly enough, I enjoyed it!

I am not overly easy to impress when it comes to movies; a great deal of the time I am so analytical about it I can't just enjoy it. However, for some reason, I was able to get into this movie. It didn't seem so fake, or at least it didn't seem like it was trying to get me to believe it. Besides, the dragon Toothless was cute, especially his ears, so that made me enjoy the movie in a cute little way. I'm not sure what to think about the interpersonal relationships shown, but for some reason I have decided to not analyze this movie and just enjoy it. So it was fun :)

So ... if you wanted to have a little movie review, here it is. Hopefully it was helpful. I had a fun, relaxing, evening watching the movie. After the movie we played a game called "Bang", which was also fun. It was my first time playing, and I was the Sheriff. I enjoyed being on the good side, (not really a surprise there). That was another fun thing I did this evening. It really has been a good weekend! (I suppose I kind of made up for it by a meeting and homework earlier today.)

Okay, signing off for now. Goodnight, world!

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I just watched that movie. It was scary, but not *too* scary :P But I still liked it. I liked the humor... "We're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues." Yeah.

    ReplyDelete