11 January 2011

Semester IV

Well, here I am back at Houghton! The last semester was very crazy, but now Greek I, Early Modern Philosophy, Astronomy (with lab), and Intro to Christianity are all done. As are philharmonia and organ lessons. As is my independent study on Libertarian philosophy and economics. One of these days I need to find out why I do this to myself! :)

This semester might not be much less brutal when it comes to workload, but I am looking forward to all my classes! I cut it down to 16 credits - Greek II, Late Modern and Contemporary Philosophy, Logic and Critical Thinking, and Historiography through Film. I am also taking voice lessons, but that's not graded (they're from another student who needs to teach for senior sem) and part time philharmonia. I am also part of the student senate and secretary for the prelaw society, but those are also non-graded, non-reading-and-writing-papers kinds of activities. (That is not, of course, to say that they are not time-requiring. They are. It's just a different kind.)As far as enjoyable, I expect to find all of my classes engaging, and they are all directly related to things I am interested in. So that should be good. Also, since I have been at Houghton for awhile, I know a lot of the people in my classes, so the atmosphere is already good and the professors are awesome. I truly am looking forward to this semester!

Over break I went to Ukraine to work at an evangelistic camp. That was a wonderful experience, and although before the trip I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to be doing (and even during the trip at times I wasn't sure what I was doing, either,) in the end I knew that regardless of my imperfection, God had accomplished exactly what He wanted through me. It is a wonder how He is able to use humans such as myself for this task, but I am grateful that He does. The camp leaders did an incredible job of organization and planning, and it was an inspiration for me to do my work excellently. I don't know how to describe the camp, but I do know that it was what God wanted me to do over break.

And now - my crazy amazing life continues! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment