07 August 2011

Motivated Musings

Well, the combination of coffee, the first day since I started keeping track that I have sat down at my computer with a few minutes of free time, and one of my friends saying that "Nadea of Kelly Hill is looking more like Nadea of the Barren Desert Wasteland, without any cacti or small rodents at all" has made me click on "New Post". The other thing helping is listening to the Widor Organ Toccata, arguably one of the most magnificent organ pieces I have ever heard. (No, I haven't played it ... yet ... but it's one of the reasons I'm taking organ lessons this fall!)

This summer has been different than any I have ever known - not that any two days are the same in anyone's life, but most summers of my existence have been spent working on a farm - last summer was the first I had a job away from home, but still was pretty much on the farm too. Well, this year I have been working 40 hour weeks at my job, and now am not doing much cashiering but am doing the training for cashiers, writing the schedule, bookwork, and trying to convince the store management that they really need to let me train someone else - preferably two or three someone elses - so that when I leave in a little over three weeks to go back to Houghton, the entire thing doesn't crash. Appropriate summary right now? "Hi, my name is Dagny Taggart, and I am doing way more than I should be because I can't stand to see things go to smash". (Insert Atlas Shrugged reference here)

Okay, on to new piece now - short and funny! Also, be sure to note the architecture ...

So anyway, despite how crazy the summer has been, I have also been strangely at peace - content. I look forward to going back to Houghton - sure. Especially now that I'm counting it in days instead of months, it is more and more a part of my thoughts.

*****

and now, more than a week later, I am posting this without actually finishing it, because ... well, honestly, I don't know when I will have time to write everything that has happened this summer! and this is a start, at least :) I do have a post in mind that is a recounting of a chore time in story format - amusing, perhaps. For now, I'll just have to imagine that I'll write it sometime :) thanks for your patience everyone in my extreme lack of posting!

2 comments:

  1. *basks in feeling of famousness*

    Thanks for the update! YES, a chore summary would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, enjoy the fame - your cleverness earned it :)

    ReplyDelete