11 August 2011

Wide Open

I've had a theme song this summer. Such a happening is not unusual in my life, but this one has been going on all summer. So, I thought I'd share it. It is the chorus from Jason Aldean's song "Wide Open".

---

"This may not be my town,
It'll do for now,
Til I can figure out,
Who I am,
Where I'm going",
She's slinging eggs and bacon,
With a college education
Just hanging out and waiting,
For a better plan,
She's okay not knowing,
She's young,
And the world's wide open.

---

That pretty much sums it up. I don't know the plans God has for me - but the plans are there. I don't know where I'm going in the world - but it's still wide open. I don't know what the future holds, but I know the One who does. I guess that's good for now.

3 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome song!!!! I have always loved it, but it does kinda fit you right now :)
    Don't worry, honey, God will show you what he has in mind for you when the time is right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I was gifted with words. I'd give you some lengthy explanation/emotional mush, but since I'm not, I'll just say that you're gonna be fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme song! And I'm proud that you blogged. :)

    ReplyDelete