06 June 2010

Summer Time

Well, I think it is only fair to say that I am no longer in Paris ... hopefully no one was under any illusions about that! I have, in fact, been home for nearly a month now and have settled into the summer routine of beautiful weather, good food, my family, and of course my lovely animals.

My time in Europe - London specifically, because I was there the longest, but all of it really - affected me a lot. I am still sorting out just how much I have changed, but I know it is a lot because there were days last semester when I was walking down the street and could feel myself changing. I would realize that I was looking at a situation from a completely new perspective, and that whatever conclusion I came to would influence me for the rest of my life. I don't know all of what will come of this experience, but I can say with complete honesty that I did not go to London for an intensive semester of learning and living (and sometimes learning about living) and come back unchanged. That, of course, is the point precisely. Nice when things work out like that!

For now ... I have a job, there are sunsets on the hill, my little goats are growing up fast, I miss my friends at school but will see them in a few months, I miss London and that is somewhat trickier since I don't know when I'll go back there, and I am learning about life from home just as much as I did in London, although it is necessarily different since I am not in a college atmosphere but a family one! Sorry for the infrequency of the updates - I must say that I have never gone so long between posts before, and this was not a goal. The reason is rather simple - I do not have internet access at home, and the library I have been checking my email at every once in awhile blocks my blog as 'social networking'. Really. :)

Until I return - enjoy your summer, don't forget to take time to appreciate the little things in life that will not be the same next summer, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment