29 April 2010

29 April 2010

Paris!!!

After a very smooth flight from Rome, I am now in Paris! Bethany and I are staying with a wonderful host family, and have seen many wonderful Parisian sights - the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, grave of Chopin, musée d'orsay, Basilique du Sacré-Cœur, site of the Bastille, the execution site during the revolution, the Pantheon, and so on! Of course, there is also the Seine! Paris is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the sights are amazing. Need I say more? :)

Rome helped me prepare for the heat, with the nice addition of having a nice breeze. There isn't as much of a breeze here, although it hasn't been too bad. An ironic thing - Rome is full of wonderful water fountains, and in Paris you cannot find a water fountain. (Well, actually I've found one. That is not quite sufficient for the whole city ....)However, things have been going very well, and we have gotten a lot of exploring done!

I guess that's it for now ... so much I have seen, so much I have done ... I am really enjoying it here, and often find myself singing songs from Les Mis as I walk the streets. It is amazing to think that I am here in Paris, where there is so much history. Then too, there are very nice things like French bread, cheese, chocolate, pastry, and so on, in addition to milk, fruit, vegetables, and other things that are not specifically French but that allow me to have a balanced diet (one thing I do not need right now is to be sick ...) It is so hard for me to believe that I have been overseas for more than three months! It will actually be strange to be home :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel obligated to comment, so...

    *COMMENT*

    :)

    *smug look*

    Seriously, thanks for the update! Glad to hear you're healthy and enjoying yourself--that's always a plus. Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm jealous!
    And I hope you've been taking tons of pictures! :)
    See you soon!
    -Annetta

    ReplyDelete