25 April 2010

24 April 2010

Wow, this is embarrassing. I haven't blogged in a very, very long time. And in no way does this mean that nothing has been going on in my life! Where can I begin? It's overwhelming. Okay, I should not go this long again. It's just too hard to decide what to say, for one thing ...

On the 19th I completed the London program, thus ending my first year of being a full time college student. I can't believe it's already over! Now I'm in Rome.

Rome has more graffiti than London, is smokier, and the people are much less laid back. In London, if I had not just been quiet and not made eye contact, it would have felt strange. Here people look at you, and whistle in the streets. Oh, and they honk their horns. There seems to be some kind of thing for honking horns - it happens a lot. And they really hold it down for a long time. It would really make me nervous about road rage, except it seems to just be a cultural thing.

Gelato is every bit as good as I have always heard. And a lot better. Through various circumstances I have been able to try chocolate, lemon, hazelnut, and pistachio. They are all good, although I am not really a fan of chocolate ice cream and that kind of carried over. But it is truly good stuff. I have been having a somewhat good time trying to figure out how to get a good diet without spending money. So far it hasn't worked. Some of the time it is a game, sometimes it is just frustrating. Always it is an adventure!

So far I have been to the Vatican (including museums and the Sistine Chapel), St. Peter's, seen the Pope, seen Michelangelo's Moses, Raphael's tomb and tapestries, The Dying Gaul sculpture, the Roman forums, Imperial forums, and many other forums, Trajan's Column, the Colosseum, the Parthenon, climbed Paletine hill, and so on. It has been a few jam-packed days, very tiring, but also very fun, educational, and worthwhile!

GSTQ ... or ciao ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment