11 March 2010

11 March 2010

Well ... another week in London town, each as busy as the last! Sometimes I wonder when I have time to breathe! (Or do I ....) :)

After the St. Martin-in-the-Fields experience last Friday, I had still more musical experiences. Sunday afternoon I went to one of the Holy Trinity Brompton services, which was amazing in both music and the sermon. Again, it was a time that I actually was able to learn and feel like I got something out of the service! Monday I did reading ahead and no magging, in preparation for Tuesday and Wednesday. Said Tuesday evening I went to see The Marriage of Figaro, by Mozart! It was amazing - my first opera experience, and I loved it! Wednesday I went to a lunchtime cello recital, which made me miss my cello a lot (even more than hearing the cellos at the opera), especially since one of the pieces she played was a Bach Suite that I have played, and I knew what the fingerings/bowings felt like. (If that makes any sense.)That evening I went back to the opera, to see A Midsummer Night's Dream. I must admit that I didn't like it as well as I liked Figaro - looking forward to seeing it as a play sometime. I think a lot of it was the music - I had really been looking forward to the Mendelssohn music, since I really like Mendelssohn, and this was Benjamin Brittain. There's nothing wrong with his music, but somehow it just wasn't the same .... still a wonderful experience, though, no regrets.

Today I went to the National Gallery. There was a man out front with a yo-yo and he was ridiculously good with it! Still don't get how people can work those things .... I also went to the Tate Britain. It was my first time there, and I really liked the artwork I saw today. It was my furthest south to date on the tube (although Canterbury was, of course, further!), which was also exciting!

I have no paper due this weekend because of break, and am feeling more relaxed already! I had a wonderful evening - now time to get some rest so I can ... rest for break! GStQ

Here's a song I've been listening to a lot recently (and when I saw a lot I mean on loop ....) It is a wonderful reminder to me about how much God wants me to be fully His.

No comments:

Post a Comment