06 November 2009

Fall at Houghton College

This morning I walked out of my dorm and noticed that the sky was blue and the moon was still in the sky. It was a lovely, crisp fall morning, and I knew right away that today was going to be much better than the last week or so for me! I feel alive and (mostly) well, still a little sick but not too bad, and I feel like I have re-entered the land of the living with a bounce!

To show you just how much I mean that, I am copying something I wrote earlier today:

I feel alive for the first time in roughly a week minus two days, plus seventeen point five hours, minutes ninety minutes. It is now 1:21 pm on November 6. When did I start feeling sick?

Answer: one minute ago, when my mind turned 'sick' and wrote out that math problem!

Rejoice in the Lord; He keeps His promises. May your day be filled with peace.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I'm glad you took the plunge and started it...I will check back often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Nadea, I'm so glad that you're feeling better. I know it's rough when health is elusive (trust me on that one!) but at least God can still grant us peace and courage.

    ReplyDelete