09 November 2009

Prospective Students!

This weekend here at Houghton has been busy with prospective students. Earlier we had group of music prospectives, and now (starting last night) we have a bus trip! They showed up in big buses and long lines, and we welcomed them to the Houghton campus to have a look into our lives (and try to convince them it should be their life, too!)

Bethany and I have 4 girls staying with us, one of whom is her sister. The other three are friends of hers from home! So it is somewhat like a get together of friends. Last night I came back to our room and found them playing dutch blitz! It is like being in a family again, having so many people in one [small] space. It has been a lot of fun.

This morning I felt much, much better after having been put under enforced rest by my friends yesterday. To put it simply, I was able to walk down stairs this morning without clutching the railing! It was nice.

We had some prospective students in my political science class this afternoon. One student here wrote something that really made me think: are they prospective students, or perspective students? I thought that was a good distinction. When there is someone around that is not already a part of life here, I invariably see things differently.

Well, that's life here! Lots of people, lots of fun!

Enjoy the day!

3 comments:

  1. Without clutching the railing?! Oh, Nadea, that is really bad--I didn't know you were that sick! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I woke up at 10:30, went to church, had lunch, and slept until dinner. Needless to say, I feel like I missed whatever might have happened on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those perspectives were everywhere! I enjoyed meeting them very much.
    And I'm glad you're doing better now!!!
    Linden

    ReplyDelete