18 November 2009

Update on Life . . .

Sorry I disappeared! I know, I vanished off the world of blogging and should have at least told you it was going to happen. Unfortunately, (or maybe, for my grades, fortunately,) my schoolwork pretty much comes before blogging. And I had three papers and quiz so far this week, which should be ample explanation for my absence.

Life has been good here. The weather is lovely, absolutely amazing for this time of year in this location. (Believe me, I know what it is usually like!) It makes me laugh to hear other freshman saying 'oh, Western New York isn't so bad after all' . . . yeah, right! This is unusual. But I will not destroy their blissful innocence.

I am pretty much healthy: back to standing up in chapel when they say to stand up, feeling hungry at mealtimes, and waking up feeling rested. I still can go into coughing fits or dizzy spells sometimes, but it is much less frequent and I do not consider myself to be sick anymore! Thanks to Houghton's obsession with having hand sanitizer approximately every 20 yards, (or a strong immune system - but I'll let them have the credit), I now have declared myself healthy. In time for Thanksgiving break! Yay!

We had an incredible speaker in chapel this morning and in lecture last night, Dr. Jeremy Begbie. He is a professor at Duke, originally from England and still very much a Brit. He illustrated his points with music and did an awesome job. Now, I need to figure out how to get recordings of his lectures . . . I'm pretty sure it's possible. He was talking about culture and religion and the arts, and left me speechless and madly taking notes. And thinking like crazy. And trying to understand . . . and answer the challenge . . . and wondering how on earth to live the kind of life I know I really want (ie: A life where I am truly alive). So yes, I'm very glad I went to his lectures! I would highly recommend him to all of you.

Did you know that if you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19? You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the update. :) Only five more days, right?
    -Annetta

    ReplyDelete