11 November 2009

"Mom, I Need Money"

“Mommy, can I please have a quarter?” “What for?”

She asked, already knowing what I would say.

“I want to get gum at the grocery store” I

Replied, and she gave it to me.


“Hey, Mom, can I have five dollars?”She

Tried not to sigh as she asked, “What for?”

“I want to go to the movies,” I replied,

And she gave it to me.


“Mom, I need a twenty,” I tried, hoping

She was in a good mood. “I have a date

Tonight.” She gave me a tired look, but

She gave it to me.


“I’m out of gas for the car, and I

Have to go to work,” I said as I gave

Her a look. She pulled out money and

Gave it to me.


“I want to go to college and I need lots

Of money,” I wheedled. It was a stretch,

And I knew it. “Talk to your dad, dear. I’m

Out of money to give you.”


I wrote this last year - and no, it is not my true story! Hope you enjoyed reading it and are having a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, minus the gum, movies and date, it sounds much like reality. ^_^
    However, my parents never did give me gas money. And I earned most of my college money... *le sigh*.
    Linden

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write a poem about the way life really is . . . no, don't! :D
    Nadea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately NOT real life!!!!! very cute, though

    ReplyDelete