31 January 2010

31 January 2010

This morning I went to Revelation Church with a few other girls from our group. It was very interesting - much more contemporary, and a completely different structure from the churches I have been going to. I really liked it, although I'm not sure exactly why. I think it was because the people seemed so excited about their faith and passionate about serving Christ. I didn't sense any requirement to get hyped, just sincerity. I now have a lot to think about.

This afternoon Bethany and I went to Kensington Park and walked around for a couple hours. We saw grass, trees, open space, swans, geese, statues, water, and other wonderful, wonderful things. I realized that I had not been off concrete, stone, or other civilized materials since flying to Boston almost three weeks ago, and it was wonderful to feel like I was out of a city! We actually got far enough from the roads that traffic pretty much died away, we were basically alone most of the time, and the air, believe it or not, actually got clearer. I had intentionally not taken a bag with me - Bethany had the camera and map - and I could feel myself relaxing as we walked. It was absolutely wonderful.

Here's another You Tube clip I found. I have been thinking about the idea of consecrating my life, and wondering what it is that God wants me to do. So, this song is my prayer - and I hope it is meaningful to you as well. Here it is.

Tomorrow we go to Bath . . . I'm looking forward to it! GStQ

No comments:

Post a Comment