10 February 2010

10 February 2010

Hello again! Contrary to the reasons why I normally don't blog, I haven't done it recently because I have just had so much going on! It's been a pretty crazy few days. Not bad, though :)

Okay: my weekend was normal, as far as London weekends go; I pretty much just wrote my paper. I do think that this one was better than my last one, but that's pretty much beside the point!

Sunday I went to the Holy Trinity Brompton church, which is the base for Alpha International. It was in a huge, old cathedral, and inside was very modern music and a contemporary service. It was very interesting - when we walked into the church it was a big shock from what I had expected from the outside! We left at a little after 11, and I parted from our group there and went off for my day of fun and exploring! I walked up from South Kensington, went to Hyde Park, wandered around until I came to Oxford Circus, then took the tube to Charing Cross just for fun, saw Trafalger Square for the first time, and kept walking. I walked toward my favorite section of London and passed Whitehall and realized that my favorite part of London had just expanded! I then walked down to my bridge and stood there . . . for a very long time. Big Ben chimed 2 pm, and I just looked into the water and thought. After thinking about assigned topics for a week and having to write a paper putting them all together, I really enjoyed having a chance to think about what I wanted to! It was very good, and I found myself unwinding. I walked over the bridge and down the Victoria Embankment. I eventually went down to Paul's Walk, which goes right along the river. Then, I found a treasure - a place where there is a tiny beach and little waves from the boats on the Thames roll up and make nice water sounds. This is where I sat for quite some time.

At last a larger than usual boat went by at a rather rapid rate, and a larger than usual wave came crashing up on where I was sitting. I saw it coming either just in time - or a little late, depending on what your perspective is - and it splashed up on my feet and my bag. I jumped out of the way for the rest of it and kept my camera dry, for which I am thankful. I did end up scraping my knuckles on the rock, and got some residue on my bag. My feet were also a little wet. And I had touched the water of the Thames. I feel like 'we' have reached a kind of agreement. I can go there and relax and unwind and talk out loud, and in turn I will not take it for granted. I assume that such thoughts are a result of too much thinking by myself and getting a little weird, but oh well! If I can't be crazy when I'm by myself, I shall give up hope entirely :)

Well, unfortunately it's getting late and I can't finish posting about my week. Hopefully tomorrow evening I will have time to post about the rest of my week! GStQ

No comments:

Post a Comment