22 February 2010

22 February 2010

This morning was plenary - on the reformation! We learned about Martin Luther, John Calvin, Henry VIII (including wives) - somewhere in between the end of the Late Middle Ages and the beginning of the Modern, according to Mr. Prof! Being sick I wasn't into it was much as usual, and only managed to take about 10 pages of notes. Sometimes I felt so listless, but I think I pretty much got what was going on. The afternoon was pretty quiet; I read Luther and thought about it and read more and thought about it - the ideas were new to me, but I really liked it, and definitely have to check this out in the Bible now! We had tomato soup for dinner. I feel sorry for some of my friends here who do not like tomato soup; they are missing out and I try not to feel guilty for really enjoying it ... they do make good soup here! London was rainy, but not nasty and although I'm not feeling all that well I am still very glad to be here! GStQ

2 comments:

  1. YOU'RE SICK?!? And you didn't tell me??? Shame, shame. And now you ARE going to bed early tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the concern, Jess! Appreciated, of course, although I make no guarantees that I'll obey you ... :)

    ReplyDelete