17 February 2010

17 February 2010

Today was a fun day, and rather spontaneous! I went early to plenary this morning, so I could practice the piano there at the church for a bit before the class started. Right after plenary nine of us went down to the Duke of York Theatre to try to get tickets for the performance of Twelfth Night this evening. Every day they have 15 tickets available at the discount rate of 5 pounds (cheapest tickets otherwise being either 10 or 15 pounds - I'm not sure). We got there as soon as we could, but they were already sold out. Just as we were getting ready to leave and go magging, Joel thought to ask if they had matinee tickets still available. They did! Why they didn't tell us that we don't know, but the point is that we got them! We still had an hour or so before the play started and hadn't had lunch yet. So, we went to Trafalger Square and ate lunch sitting on the steps, since there were so many people the benches were full. :)

Twelfth Night was amazing. I had never been to a professional play in a real theatre before, and I am so glad I went! Although I have nothing to compare it to, I was very favorably impressed. One of my favorite things was the music that was played on stage. In fact, most of the music was done by two guitars, a mandolin (I think), and a violin. The violinist was incredible - I couldn't believe some of the things he did with double stops, runs, etc. The music itself was lilting and I loved it. I also really liked that the plot drew me in (although I guessed the ending a long time before it happened, since it was a pretty standard mixup storyline!). It was a very good way to spend an afternoon!

After that we came back here to the Highbury Centre, had dinner, I finished my homework and read ahead for Friday ... and here I am! GStQ!



This is a song I have been listening to that seems to really fit where I am right now. I hope it brings peace to your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment