28 February 2010

28 February 2010

Today was another rainy day in London! I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that a sunny day is the exception and not the rule :) I had been retaining some irrational hope that I had just appeared in a rainy time and that soon things would change ... but today I finally accepted that it wasn't going to happen! So, now I have to figure out what it is that I love about rain!

After church this morning I went for another walk around the city. I went out to the east side of London, where I had never been before, and wandered around for a few hours. Part of the wandering was due to the fact that my map doesn't go that far north, and thus I was going off of extremely general bus route maps (as in, 'oh, that way is south; I know that I need to go that direction to get down to where I want to be'*tries to find a road that turns right* and such.)I eventually made my way down to St. Paul's Cathedral in time for the Sunday afternoon organ recital. It was one of the organists from a church in Leicester Square, and he was quite good. After that I took the bus home, in the mist. It was wonderful to get out and clear my head. Looking forward to another week. Happy end of February! GStQ

No comments:

Post a Comment